Wednesday, February 5, 2014

This winter is bad. But not as bad as in...

...Europe :) I always like to compare. So why not with Europe? This winter here sucks. Not enough snow and even not enough rain. Yes RAIN. I love rain. But only if the freezing level is 1000m or lower. When I talked to my friends from back at home, they enjoy spring like weather and no snow winter. Alps are little bit different but 1.2m coverage doesn't sound exciting. So I just keep doing my loops on Seymour and Cypress. But last weekend Cypress was so bad, that I didn't even try the backcountry, as the skiresort had minimum coverage allowing so so to go up on the closed runs. But down I rather choosed the "fake snow" run with crowds :-) Seymour bc is still doing much better although south facing slopes are sowing lots of rocky teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment