Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's day in Valentine's gully

I was wondering what special could I give to my wife this year. Maybe flowers? Did I say something special on the begin? Lets go for a short ski run instead! We decided to make a small loop on mt. Seymour, descending steep slopes to the East side between 1st and 2nd pump and ascending 350m with one short steep section just beside it. Some fresh snow from the last night made it real fun on the way down, luckily not too much doing the ascent still ok. Elena's crampons did the walk a bit more adventurous, because they were not sharp enough. Otherwise very nice line worth a ski descent if the conditions are better (more snow:) Later that day and watching the line-up in the flower store made me feel good about the decision I mentioned at the beginning :-)
These picture take you in such a remote part of our backyard, still so close to the city. Thank you Marek for checking the conditions last week and Janka for taking care of Jakub. Happy Valentine Eli!
VIDEO HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment