Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I can't name this again. But is worth few words.

It all began on Saturday morning with high avalanche danger all around and 50cm of fresh snow past 24h. So this was the plan: finding some tree skiing, bringing at least 2 friends with beacons and shovels and lets go. Hollyburn up on Cypress mt. To be honest, I was disappointed. Amount of people, snow quality and snow quantity overall was huge/poor :-) But there still was a Sunday, good weather and my wife joining me again in view. I was pretty sure that mt. Seymour with its slightly higher elevation and North facing slopes, avalanche danger drastically decreasing (moderate) will bring us more joy than the day before. So it was. Just few people enjoying beautiful weather and untracked terrain just for us. This was up to this day a highlight of the season on local mountains :-)
VIDEO HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment