Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Only two of us- Castle towers

Last weekend was really special for me. I spent 3 days at Burton hut with my skiing/climbing partner (my wife). Leaving our 14months old boy with her parents for more than 1 day was big experience for everybody involved :)
Our plan was to hike to Burton hut the first day, climb Castle Towers on 2nd and do something funny on the last day. The weather was very supportive for the whole trip and only turning back 10 meters under the main summit of CT was little bit disappointing.
On Monday we climbed Deception peak. This was a nice 2.5h hike up and beautiful 20min downhill.
I always wonder myself, how alone you can be so close to the crowded areas like Neve traverse. We were the only ones skiing the slopes past the cabin but have seen a lot of people coming from Neve. Fog and snowing started as we approached the Barriere so we just did the 6.5km trail skiing to get to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment